Although GLOW was created to be fun and sharing in mind, we found the impact on the girls to be powerful. No two girls change in the same way. Therefore, we pride ourselves in using the
following collection of assessment techniques to indicate such positive changes.
• All GLOW girls set program goals –one personal and one fitness. Self- monitoring and evaluation of these goals are modeled and valued.
• On the first day of the program the girls complete a LAWSEQ self-esteem checklist. These outcomes are compared to the results of the checklist on the final day of the program.
• Each girl will participate in series of informal fitness exercises (plank, sit-ups, push-ups and balance pose). The leader will record notes and compare the completion of these exercises from
the first to the final session.
• Each girl is given a Thought Book which can be used as a tool to record thoughts, questions and feelings regarding the topics.
• The final session includes time for each of the girls to complete an anonymous feedback form regarding their thoughts regarding the program and any changes in themselves.